Spring cleaning at it’s finest! I love/hate going through my makeup drawers and getting rid of old products or products I don’t use anymore. I love it because I can rediscover products that are hidden away and I don’t reach for. I also love it because I can make room for new products hehe. I hate it because even if I know a product doesn’t work for me I want to hang on to it just in case. Just in case my skin type changes, my skin tone changes, or my preferences change. I know it won’t but my hoarding tendencies won’t let me let go of things.
But, every once in a while I force myself to go through my makeup and pick out products that no longer work for me or are old. I give the products that no longer work for me to friends so I know that they’ll go to a good home.
- Mac Studio Conceal and Correct Palette: I really liked this palette when I got it but I haven’t used it in so long because my skin is more fair and it’s pretty old.
- Milani Illuminating Face Powder: This product was an impulse buy and I never really used it. It didn’t work for me as a highlighter and was too orange to use as anything else.
- Stila Convertible Colour in Petunia: I liked this when I first got this but then realized I enjoy powder products much more than cream. This is a great option though for anyone who likes cream products. it can be used on the cheeks or lips.
- Diorskin Nude Air Tan Powder: I have had this bronzer for so long that I can’t even remember when I bought it. It’s a gorgeous bronzer and blends beautifully. I would get this again but I have a ton of bronzers.
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation: This foundation just doesn’t work for my dry skin anymore. It’s such a nice foundation for people with oily skin and I think my friend who has oily skin will love this.
- Pop Beauty Bronzer: I don’t even think this bronzer is sold anymore. This is a really nice bronzer, it’s just way too dark for me now.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal: Again, this concealer is just too dark for me. I have this concealer in 2 lighter colours so I’ll just use those.
- Covergirl + Olay De Puff: This concealer is super old. I’ve had it for at least 2 years and just need to get rid of it. It wasn’t my favourite concealer. A little too thin for my taste.
- L’Oreal Tru Match Lumi Foundation: Love this foundation! It’s so nice and light on the skin. It’s perfect for summer! This colour is too dark for me. I’ll be getting a lighter one for when summer comes around.
- Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine: I tried to use this eyeshadow quad once and just didn’t like it. It is cream eyeshadow but it’s not very pigmented. I have other eyeshadows I love way more than this one to hold onto it.
- Ipsy and Nyx Cosmetics Eyeshadow Trio: This trio is actually not even opened. I just never felt the need to because I have palettes I love and single eyeshadows I love.
- Nyx Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadowin Graffiti: This colour just never got me excited. I’m not really into dark grey sparkle eyeshadow so I never used this.
- Maybelline Master Precise Curvy Liquid Liner: I wasn’t a big fan of this liner. I did a whole review on this here.
- Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner: I don’t know why I bought this. The shape of the liner kind of freaked me out and I never used it.
- Urban Decay Perversion Liquid Eyeliner: This eyeliner was great! It just needed to be tossed because I’ve had it for so long. I did a full review on this liner here.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stain: I loved this when I first got it. It was a liquid lipstick before they all came out. This is very similar to a YSL product. This is just very old.
- All these mini lipsticks: I got these as samples over the last little while. I just don’t like mini lipsticks. I feel like I have to be so gentle with them so they don’t break.
- Mac Cosmetics Lipglasses: I loved Mac Lipglosses when I first started getting into beauty and picked these two colours up along the way. Since then I have found lip glosses I like more since then. I find Mac Lip Glosses to be quite sticky and my hair gets so easily caught in them.
- Flower Beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby: This is a great drugstore option for a matte lipstick in a chubby container. I just have other red lipsticks I like so much more.
Is there a time of year you like to declutter your makeup? Let me know in the comments below!