This post feels so great to do. I haven’t done an empties post in such a long time and these products have been sitting in a bag ready to be tossed but I couldn’t/wouldn’t because I wanted to do this post for you guys! Empties are not only satisfying to post but it’s also so satisfying to throw out the products once you’re done taking pictures of them (bye Felicia). Some I love and some I’m happy to see gone! Forewarning: This may be a long post.
If you don’t know what empties posts are, I basically go through products I’ve used up, give you a quick review, and let you know whether or not I would repurchase them. I like this idea a lot because you get a really good sense of the product.
- My beloved Batiste Dry Shampoo: This is my favourite dry shampoo of all time. It leaves my hair so clean feeling without leaving a ton of residue. It also doesn’t leave a white caste in my hair when I brush it out. Will I be repurchasing: I already have (twice).
- Morrocan Oil: If you have never smelled morrocan oil, you need to right now! It’s that good. It also leaves my hair feeling really silky.This may also be just in my mind but I feel like it makes my hair dry faster, too. Will I be repurchasing: Probably. But I’m using a different oil now.
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: This conditioner is great! It smells really nice and kind of coconuty. It also leaves my hair really silky. Its such an affordable price at the drugstore too! Will I be repurchasing: I’m currently using another bottle.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: My holy grail mascara! I use this in the waterproof version and I am still in love with this. It gives my lashes length, volume, and holds a curl. What more can I ask for from a mascara? Will I be repurchasing: Of course! I’m already using another tube.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: I don’t this foundation is all the way empty but it’s old so needs to be tossed. I love this foundation. It makes my skin feel flawless but also glowing. But, I love my L’oreal Pro Glow foundation just as much and it’s so much less expensive. Will I be repurchasing: Maybe, but I love the L’oreal Pro Glow right now.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz: This is an awesome brow pencil. Its waxy but not too much and gives a good amount of colour to the brows. Will I be repurchasing: At some point probably but I’ve got brow products I’m using now that I love.
- Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream: This cleanser cleaned my skin really well but also didn’t dry me out! It gave my skin some nice moisture and also smelled really nice and light. Will I be repurchasing: I will at some point!
- Simple Micellar Water: My all time favourite cleansing water! It has no smell and gets every bit of makeup off my face. It’s also such a great price! Will I be repurchasing: I already have.
- Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate: I have a whole review on this product here. Basically, I love this cream. Its so nice and hydrating but not heavy. Will I be repurchasing: Yes!
- Pixi Glow Tonic: This is so talked about! I’m a little sad I only got the little container of this because I loved it so much. It has a nice smell and my skin cleared up a lot while using this. Will I be repurchasing: For sure.
- Fresh Deep Hydration Face Cream: I also have a review on this cream here. This was a really nice hydrating cream that left my skin nice and plump the morning after. It also smells like roses! Full review here. Will I be repurchasing: Probably.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum: This serum made my skin feel really hydrated in the winter time. I loved this addition to my skincare routine. I have a review on this here. Will I be repurchasing: Maybe but I hardly ever buy the same skincare product twice.
- The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner: This shampoo and conditioner were great but the best thing about them was the scent. I can find shampoos and conditioners that do similar things to my hair at the drugstore. Will I be repurchasing? Not at this time.
- Vichy Spa Shower Gel Cream*: This was in no means a bad body wash. It did what it said and hydrated my body while cleansing. The scent was pleasant but it didn’t wow me for some reason. Full review here. Will I be repurchasing? Probably not
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: This mascara does a great job at defining your lashes and giving them some curl. It just didn’t give me all the drama I want. And for not being a waterproof mascara, it’s hard to get off. I’ll still with my Maybelline Lash Sensational. Will I be repurchasing? No
- La Rosche Posay* and Nivea Micellar Water*: I put these both together because they do the same thing to me. They both remove my makeup just as well. Neither has a scent. They both leave my skin feeling very nice. But, I’m always going to go for the less expensive option if it does the same thing and that’s my Simple Micellar Water. Will I be repurchasing? I would repurchase them both because they’re both good at what they do.
The not so great:
- Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara: This mascara did next to nothing for my lashes. It basically just made them darker but didn’t add much volume, next to no length, and no curl. Will I be repurchasing? Nope
- L’Oréal Sublime Soft Gel Cream Wash: This was a great cleanser until I got to the dead of winter and it really started to dry my skin out. It cleaned my face well but I had to stop using it because it dried me out so much. Will I be repurchasing? No
- Burts Bees Cleansing Wipes for Sensitive Skin: I really liked the smell of these wipes but they just didn’t do that great of a job at taking off all my makeup. Maybe it was just that they’re for sensitive skin but they didn’t do what I needed them to. Will I be repurchasing? Not these ones but, I would look at others from the line.
- Ole Henrikson Nurture Me Facial Water: The smell of this facial spray was heaven. It smelled like cucumber spa water and I loved it. But, unfortunately, every time I sprayed this around my eyes it burned them. So, whenever I used this I had to kind of shield my eyes. It did a great job at hydrating the rest of my skin though! Will I be repurchasing? Unfortunately not. Just because of my darn sensitive eyes.
Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments?
Any product with a * beside it was given to me for consideration.